Monday, September 23, 2013

Maybe I'm crazy, or maybe I'm just a little Goofy...

So as some of you may know, I'm currently training to run my first marathon in January at the WDW Marathon weekend. It was sold out by the time I went to register, so I've signed up to run with an amazing charity for an even great cause. Noah's Light Foundation is the charity. Take a minute and read the background on it, and if you feel led, make a donation. It really is an awesome group of people running this charity.

Last year, I had an awesome time training for and running in the Montgomery Half Marathon 5k. I told myself after that race that I was going to run the half this year. Well here we are a year later and one month out from that race and I've barely run since last year. 
Running the 5k last year

Training officially started today. And what better way to let everyone know that I'm NOT just running the marathon. I've lost my mind and and running the marathon and the half marathon. This is also known as the Goofy Challenge. 


According to my training plan, the weekend of this year's MGM Half marathon, I'm supposed to run 11 miles. So I figure that I'll just run that and throw in a couple of extra miles that Saturday. So there's my plan at the moment. Any tips, comments, questions, or general words of encouragement? Just email me at jared@disenvy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment