Friday, November 8, 2013

Training Update!

Hey everybody!

It's been a while since I've posted, so I thought I'd share a training update. A lot has been happening with me lately. I was in a good groove training for the Goofy Race and a Half Challenge, but then something weird started happening with my body. So, without getting in to detail, I ended up at the doctor's office. A CT scan and colonoscopy later, I'm happy to report that with the exception of a few areas of irritation, that I'm fine. No cancer or anything scary like that. But now, I've been on sideline for about three weeks and need to ramp it back up for the race. I booked my room at the Contemporary, so that's done, but the race is getting close. I mean, we're only 65 days out at this point. If you factor in the two weeks of tapering, that's only 50 days! WOW, where has all the time gone?



Getting back to actual training is going to be a bit tougher now thanks to the time change. Since it gets dark before I get home now, I don't know whether to try and get up in the morning and run, or to run after work, in the dark. Also, I'm not a morning person. My training plan calls for mostly 3 runs per week, but I'm going to do at least 4, if not 5. Yeah, I'm crazy, I know. But I really want to have a good time when I run.

Also, last Saturday, I participated in the WOD for Water in Troy. It was my first time ever doing cross fit and it was TOUGH. I really enjoyed it, and they raised enough money to build 14 wells! Such a great cause. you can find out more at http://www.wodforwatertroy.com
Me in the backwards hat doing squats with the water can
Team FNBB Pic

Well, that's it for this week. I'll be back next Friday with what will hopefully be a more active update. In the mean time, check out the fund raiser links that Jason and I are doing for the marathon. Any help is greatly appreciated and 100% tax deductible. Have a magical weekend!


Jared:
http://www.atcp.org/jaredmc

Jason:
https://www.noahslightfoundation.org/donate/index.php/component/civicrm/?task=civicrm/pcp/info&reset=1&id=190


No comments:

Post a Comment