Thursday, January 9, 2014

It's Goofy time!

Wow, I can't believe it's finally here. In a few short hours, I'll be hitting the road down to The Happiest Place on Earth. The past few months of training have been trying. I've dealt with sudden rainstorms in the middle of the run, enough humidity in the winter to make me want to stop less than a mile in, and temperatures falling in to the teens. That's mighty cold for Alabama! There were other bumps along the way, but we're here now. Still to this day, I have people telling me they're worried about me doing this, and that I'm crazy for even trying it. I tend to correct them and tell them, "I'm not crazy, but I am Goofy!"

For the most part, it looks like the weather is going to cooperate during the Walt Disney World Marathon weekend. Highs will be close to 80 and the lows won't drop below 50. Even with a chance of rain for the half, I think I'm ready. Or at least I hope I am.



Jason and his fiancee are already at The World and waiting on me to get there. Jason has volunteered to work the 10k race early tomorrow morning. I'm really excited to hit the expo and a couple of meet ups tomorrow before retiring to rest for the half.

Lastly, I'd like to wish good luck to all of my fellow runners, and their families, this weekend. I hope and pray that everyone has a great time, gets all the expo merch they want, and that everyone makes it home safely. Hopefully after I do my expo and race recaps next week, I'll be wearing this!


No comments:

Post a Comment