Wednesday, October 8, 2014

DisEnvy at the Movies: Alexander's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day


Over the Tower of Terror weekend I was able to screen the new Disney Movie, Alexander's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, with many readers of the Disney Parks Blog. Although this was not on the top of my must see movies this fall, it packed a surprise. 

Now I must say that I have not read the book that it is based on, however that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it. 

The Movie stars Steve Carrell and Jennifer Garner as the parents of Alexander played by Ed Oxenbould and the plot focuses around the Cooper family which includes 3 other children (2 older than Alexander and an infant). 

Alexander states that he doesn't ever have a good day, and his father Ben (Carrell) always has a positive attitude to all. 

So the day of Alexander's birthday, Alexander makes himself a birthday Sunday and makes a wish that everyone knew how he felt before he blew out the candle. Naturally, he wakes up and the whole family has a very bad day. 

Like I stated before, this movie wasn't on my top movies for the fall, but when the chance to see it at Disney World came around, I decided to give it a chance. 

Overall the story was great, and while not the best, the acting was a good note. This is a great family movie with humor for both kids and adults alike. Ending with a great message and fun little montage during the credits. 

Overall I would give this movie a 7/10, mainly for the cheesey acting at points and overall slow moments that the movie could have done without. 

No comments:

Post a Comment